Raphael #23: A Night in the Fog part 5

Then he spoke, I couldn’t make out what he said I just stood there with my eyes clenched shut having nowhere to go, and then I opened them slowly, as a picture came into focus I realized I was looking at…..a ceiling fan? Then I realized I was lying down, I sat up and looked at my surroundings, I was at home, it was morning and the sun had already broken through my blinds creating shadows on the floor. I was covered in sweat and breathing like I had run a marathon. My hands clutched the bed tightly in a death grip that whitened my knuckles with stress. I had fallen asleep in my clothes, which were drenched. I walked over to the window and opened it. I sat there exhausted while the slight breeze caressed my face. What happened? Was it all a dream? It had to be, how else would I have gotten home and not remembered. It was so real. I can remember every last detail like it was written down and put on a website. Oh god 8:00, I have to be at work in an hour. Damn I need a shower, a very long shower. What in the world happened, was it a dream or just one more truly bizarre night in the fog???

No comments:

Post a Comment