OGRE #4: Gender in the Mall!

THE OGRE CHRONICLES
This page collects the various works of Ogre, and actual essays and papers he turned into his classes for grades. Whenever possbile, the actual grade recieved will be stated along with the article.


Gender In The Mall!


In this day in age there are all different styles of gender differences, and countless stereotypes. When I went to the mall with some friends I found out little about our gender differences. I believe the mall is full of window shoppers and evil women that spend money. I saw some men at the mall but it seemed they were only there to keep the woman occupied while they shopped. The man in this situation usually wore some polo shirt and carried the woman’s bags for her. Like the woman couldn’t carry her own bags in this situation? Just another gender stereotype that the man should carry the bags, or on a larger scale we could look at it as the man carrying the burden of having a job.

In the mall I was surprised to find that there weren’t a lot of young people. Mostly old people were found at Horton plaza. The highlight of this night was when we were treated to a wheel-chair. We conned the poor girl working at the help desk to get us a wheelchair on account of my appendix problem. Only after showing her the huge wound in my side was i given a wheelchair. Its my belief that since I was a male, I was able to lift up my shirt in public and show a female my stomach. Now I’m not sure a girl could do this with out being indecent or something along that lines.

The night ended with some Key Lime pie, and it was odd that the pie makers and sellers were all females. May just be me but it might be a gender work type thing going on at the pie making place. All in all it was a good night of gender watching.


Special Update! Ogre has gone of to live in Mexico for the next year or so. Look forward to reading of his Mexican adventures on these very pages!

No comments:

Post a Comment