Hot Alicia #1: An Open Letter to WOV Fans

Open letter to WOV fans:

Readers may have noticed that the tones in this site lean towards the masculine. Now I have no intention of moving in and putting flowers and doilies all over the place, but I would like to insert a female viewpoint to one of the dark corners of the webspace. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy and frequently chuckle at the shenanigans of these fine young men (and I use that term loosely), but why don't they discuss the finer things in life? Sunsets and puppy dogs? Well, probably because those things suck.

But really, I would like to take a minute to say that these boys are, well, from an outsiders point of view, a spectacle. You cannot imagine sitting at Denny's watching them get in a teasing fight with a five year old boy all the while encouraging him to disrespect his mother even more. You cannot imagine how funny it is to see them kicking each other in the junk while security attempts to disperse them by yelling "hey" 5 or 6 times. You cannot imagine how funny it is just to sit in a living room with them and listen to them bag on deleted scenes from Ghostbusters, all of Josie and the Pussycats, and generally, anything else that comes up for discussion.

But I swear to you, the sides that they reveal of themselves on this site barely scratches the surface of how funny they really are. I have been allowed to tag along on their girlfriendless evenings as the token girl. (Okay, so as far as I know there is only one girlfriend they were sans.) These guys are freaking hilarious.

True, hanging out with the guys should be something that every girl should experience. I would like to think I am special in this since they have no reason to include me. I am not a romantic interest for anyone, I'm not even available. (Remind me about an upcoming piece on the Making of Eye Candy) I don't have a history with these guys, I just met most of them last weekend. The only link that I have is working with 2 of them, and maybe more importantly, that I have gotten in touch with my inner nerd.

Now, I don't mean nerd as an insult. I mean nerd as the people who are cooler than you but don't rub it in your face. I mean nerd as the person who tells you that you are so cool even when you just spilled your soda in your lap. Because these are the people who know you are a nerd and turn it to your favor. I have never acted so totally NOT put together and felt so cool.

Vox Vocephus, founder and CEO of Vocephus.com is one of the coolest people I know. He is great at making you feel better about yourself and how you have f*d up. He is also a totally straight forward guy. He can tell you that you are being an asshole, and make you want to wear it like a medal. What a diplomat. Of course, maybe that's why he is CEO and I'm just begging for a posting.

Then there's Kaiser. This guy is a real piece of work. You can have him smiling and laughing, and suddenly you will feel blindsided because instead of smiling and laughing with you, he's smiling and laughing at you. And he's a smart one. There are insults he's landed on me that I still don't understand. (But the plight of the Dumb Girl is yet another upcoming piece.) Then again, I'm not sure if I want to know what he really thinks about me sometimes. And I probably would be really offended had I caught those insults. I guess sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone with Kaiser.

As for the rest of the staff, I have yet to form a formal opinion or observation suitable for posting. But beware, these big eyes aren't just for looking good, from what I've heard, they are pretty accurate at picking up the obvious. So if they are still willing to let me tag along after letting some of the cat out of the bag, I will be back with more - if you are reading this at all. Then my only advice for any other want to be contributers can best be summed up in the brilliant words of Vox himself "Flattery will get you everywhere."

Hot Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment