Deoxy #3: Deoxy For President

DEOXY XYLOFLUX

What's wrong people!? Lately I've been noticing a trend since my "death" as Vomit God. All the articles suck!

Look, the WOV was the best when it was about IDEAS, not a bunch of whiny brats moaning about some stepping stone job and worthless coffie houses inhabited by Weezer clones who buttfuck each other for heroin. (Of course you could argue that I'm whining now, but I feel things need to be said.) Anyway, here's the bottom point: NO ONE HERE IS FUNNY ANYMORE! (That includes me, but at least I admit it.) All I see here is an unfunny mimicry of insanity. It is not the kind of cool insanity like Hannibal Lecter, it is the kind of insanity that involves people who think they are Napoleon and hit themselves on the head! In other words: generic!

It just seems to me also that the WOV has mutated from a small, yet grand hootenanny where everyone has something to say about life, the universe, and everything, to a BIG horrible boring beast! You know what makes that beast big!? EGO!!! Goddamn, I haven't seen this much ego in one place since VH-1's Divas '99! Instead of quietly finding our own paths of creativity and having snappy comebacks whenever someone we hate says something, it has turned into a Kindergarten class, where everyone tries to give the biggest, reddest apple to teacher. WE ARE CHILDREN NOW.

Another thing I hate: We are the people who we hated in high school. I've counted many drug and alcohol references, along with intense dislike and ridicule when people we don't know try to join in on the fun. I'm talkin' about Ghandi Mangler, who despite what he may think about me, was the best writer for this site! You know why we hated him!? He wasn't like we are, jam packed in a shiny package appealing to the feeble minded, bursting with the same tired punchlines!

You know, there's a saying, the first person everyone looks for in a photo is themselves. We need to stop trying to compete. Don't get me wrong, I love you all, but sometimes I wish you all were dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment