BACK IN BLACK 2

MIKE CASTLEBERRY IS:

BACK IN BLACK

4-17-2001

My friends, today I am going to break out of my normal routine, and not refer
to myself as The Mike, because I am writing a serious article for once. As
many of you know by now another beloved rocker has joined the pantheon of
deceased rock legends. Joey Ramone, a man that I know almost every one of
this staff loved as a member of The Ramones, has left this life, and moved on
to the next. I would like for everyone that reads this, to bow their heads
in a moment of silence, reflecting on his music that brought joy into many of
our hearts....

RIP man, you earned it. It is ironic that Joey's passing came as the world
celerated easter, the rising of Christ. while so many celebrated new life, a
great musician was taken from us. It makes us reflect on our own mortality,
What is life? Why do some live, and some die? When will the Lord call us to
him? Personally, I believe we must live every moment as if it was our last,
because it might very well be. It's amazing how some people can't handle
death at all, while others stare it in the face with bravery. I recently
learned a former co-worker of mine was told by a doctor that he doesn't have
much longer to live, due to a severe heart condition, instead of getting him
down, he tries to make every last moment count. I admire his courage, and
hope he proves every one wrong. I'm sorry if this subject upsets some
readers, but even The Mike has a spiritual side. I'm glad to have known each
person that writes here, most I met in high school, and made some lifelong
friends. I'll finish this by saying that through it all, I love you like
brothers, and hope that never changes.

-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment